Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The power of search

In my last post, I mentioned that I am thankful for the internet. Let me explain --

Some days I find myself using my phone as a distraction and spending (or maybe wasting) so much of my time checking stupid articles or random things online. And sometimes, I step back and feel like a drone, wondering why I'm wasting so much of my time glued to a tiny screen instead of appreciating the beauty of what is around me and the people I'm with.

But recently, I watched a few spots from a campaign Google made about the power of search that will forever make me appreciate the internet and beauty of what comes with it. The spot that really stuck with me was about Zack Matere, a potato farmer from Kenya who really understood the power of the internet. Check it out:



His story really makes you appreciate what you have in front of you. Because so many of us have always had the internet, we don't realize the wealth of knowledge available because of it. And to some people - the knowledge is life-changing. My favorite quote of his that will forever be true in my mind: "Information is powerful, but it is how we use it that will define us."

No comments:

Post a Comment